Blidworth in old picture postcards

Blidworth in old picture postcards

Auteur
:   W. Richards
Gemeente
:  
Provincie
:   Nottinghamshire
Land
:   United Kingdom
ISBN13
:   978-90-288-3355-5
Pagina's
:   80
Prijs
:   EUR 16.95 Incl BTW *

Levertijd: 2 - 3 werkdagen (onder voorbehoud). Het getoonde omslag kan afwijken.

   


Fragmenten uit het boek 'Blidworth in old picture postcards'

<<  |  <  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  >  |  >>

69. The inside of the Parish Church was once lit by rushlight; then by candle-light; then paraffin; then coal-gas as shown in this picture circa 1920. In the vestry through the door on the right was kept an implement for turning the lights on and off, ft was a staff about six feet long with a hook on one side for pulling the chains on the side ofthe gas lamps; a taper at the top for lighting the candles; and a candlesnuffer on the other side. The east windows were once of plain glass, but just before the First World War they were replaced by impressive stained glass. The Lord's Prayer and Ten Comrnandments were on the tablets on either side of the windows. In the Sanctuary were the banners of the Blidworth branches of the Mothers' Union and the Girls' Friendly Society, and the scenes on the banners had been painted by Miss Smith of Blidworth Dale.

70. After the Bull trough was demolished early thi

<<  |  <  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  >  |  >>

Sitemap | Links | Colofon | Privacy | Disclaimer | Leveringsvoorwaarden | © 2009 - 2019 Uitgeverij Europese Bibliotheek