Royal Leamington Spa in old picture postcards volume 2

Royal Leamington Spa in old picture postcards volume 2

Auteur
:   Jacqueline Cameron
Gemeente
:  
Provincie
:   Warwickshire
Land
:   United Kingdom
ISBN13
:   978-90-288-6172-5
Pagina's
:   80
Prijs
:   EUR 16.95 Incl BTW *

Levertijd: 2-3 weken (onder voorbehoud). Het getoonde omslag kan afwijken.

   


Fragmenten uit het boek 'Royal Leamington Spa in old picture postcards volume 2'

<<  |  <  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  >  |  >>

58 A unique opportunity to see the gateway of the Eagle Foundry, which was known locally as Flavel's: a company, who for many years concentrated upon manufacturing cookers, coal or basket grates and the famous Flavel fireplace. The company is still in business in the town today.

59 Albert Edward Smart john Eggleton seen here with his friend, when they were photographed after their return from the Boer War.

60 Victoria Bridge, first built in 1808, was much smaller than the bridge built to replace it in 1840. However, this was to be enlarged on the west side in 1848, and has stood in good stead until recently, when deterioration in the bridge structure has necessitated part of the foorpath being put out of commission, pending adecision by the Council upon repairs. In the background can be seen the Pump Rooms.

61 Filling the sandbags in preparanon for war at the Lockheed Works.

62 It was good to be seen socialising when this picture was taken in the early 1900's. The band played in the bandstand, people exchanged nice ties and, dressed in their Sunday best, would cangregate in the garderis to enjoy light conversation and the band, which played music in the background.

63 A fine display of the Council cart horse power, 1907.

64 Taken from the original woodcut picture of 1 856, this lovely photograph shows the Eagle Foundry very much as it would have looked like in its early days.

65 This elegant building was designed by Mr. George Woodhouse, an architect from Bolton-le-Noors. Mr. Green of Leamingtan was the builder. Opened on Thursday, 9thJune 1870 by Dr. [obson, the then President of the WesIeyan Conference, the building cast f8,700.00 to build. Unfortunately this beautiful old building has been replaced by a modern one.

66 Far removed from today's military strength, we see the Gloucester Cyclist Regiment, photographed in Royal Leamington Spa.

67 The synthetic paint staving department, at Havel's in the early 1930's.

<<  |  <  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  >  |  >>

Sitemap | Links | Colofon | Privacy | Disclaimer | Algemene voorwaarden | Algemene verkoopvoorwaarden | © 2009 - 2021 Uitgeverij Europese Bibliotheek