Wellington in old picture postcards

Wellington in old picture postcards

:   D.J. Marshall
:   Somerset
:   United Kingdom
:   978-90-288-2953-4
:   80
:   EUR 16.95 Incl BTW *

Levertijd: 2-3 weken (onder voorbehoud). Het getoonde omslag kan afwijken.


Fragmenten uit het boek 'Wellington in old picture postcards'

<<  |  <  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  >  |  >>

19. The entrance to the Park framing the bandstand. The railings on the right of Beech Grove have long sin ce disappeared.

20. Men in their 'Sunday best' gather around the little wooden bridge over the ornamental pond in the Park.

21. The war memorial in Wellington Park was unveiled on 17 June 1921 to commemorate the dead of the First World War. The number of plaques was later increased to four to inc1ude the names of those who fell in the Second Wor1d War.

22. Band of Hope members dressed to represent Britannia and the countries of the British Empire. Bands of Hope were run by churches for children between the ages of five and fifteen and these patriotic youngsters probably belonged to the Methodist Church in Waterloo Road.

23. A moment of concentration as members of Wellington Bowling Club measure the distance between the jack and a wood. This photograph was taken in the first decade of this century when the club played at the Athletic Field in Beech Grove.

24. A tented flax workers' camp at the rugby groundin 1918.

25. A Rag Fair was held at the rugby ground in Corarns Lane in 1918. The soldier in the foreground of this postcard is probably relaxing after having endured the hardships of the Great War.

26. Springfield, one of the town's smaller streets, remains relatively unchanged from its appearance in this postcard of seventy years ago.

Waterloo Road, Wellington.

27. A view along Waterloo Road from Seymour Street to Corams Lane and Ivy Cottages. The first building on the left is The Dolphin Inn and in the distanee ean be seen Galpin's Railway Hotel and the Methodist Chureh.

28. Waterloo Road and High Path prior to the building of many of the houses on the right-hand side and sixty years before the demolition of Ivy Cottages whieh ean just be seen at the left.

<<  |  <  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  >  |  >>

Sitemap | Links | Colofon | Privacy | Disclaimer | Algemene voorwaarden | Algemene verkoopvoorwaarden | © 2009 - 2022 Uitgeverij Europese Bibliotheek